Tuesday, February 02, 2010

USA Swimming

Over at SCAQ Blog, Tony Austin takes on USA Swimming. Read the post and comments here.

His failed attempts to touch base with USA Swimming execs has him frustrated. I hope he's able to get through and be heard.

A few years ago, I needed help and had no idea who to contact. I decided to dial up Jonty Skinner's number in the hopes that a receptionist/secretary would direct me to someone who could help me out.

To my surprise, Mr. :49.44 (100m free WR, 1976) answered the phone! After a brief conversation, it was clear that Coach Skinner was not only going to point me in the right direction, but he was also going to remain involved and follow through.

Jonty's moved on. Our loss is British Swimming's gain...

1 comment:

Chris DeSantis said...

I believe Jonty was fired. So that may tell you a bit more about USA Swimming.